Java is a set of computer software and specifications developed by Sun Microsystems, later acquired by Oracle Corporation, that provides a system for developing application software and deploying it in a cross-platform computing environment. Java is used in a wide variety of computing platforms from embedded devices and mobile phones to enterprise servers and supercomputers. While less common, Java applets run in secure, sandboxed environments to provide many features of native applications and can be embedded in HTML pages.
What are the requirements?
- A computer - Windows, Mac and Linux are all supported and setup and installation videos for each platform are included!
- Nothing else is needed, everything you need to get started programming in Java is included in the course, and all the tools used are free.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Program fluently in Java
- Understand the concepts of Object Oriented Programming
What is the target audience?
- The course is aimed at complete beginners and intermediate programmers. No previous programming experience is assumed!
- If you are an expert Java program with extensive knowledge and many years experience, you may not get a lot out of this course. For everyone else the course is perfect for you!