Banking / Finance / Insurance
MBA / MSc
3 - 5 years
Monster solutions, 3 years ago
Depending on where in the organization, the Deal Specialist works on the creation of Order Documentation (drafting), HW Quotation, License Assignments and Migrations as defined by regional and organizational guidelines.
1. Deal Management point of contact for deals meeting defined criteria for Deal Specialist engagement.
2. Engage, in certain circumstances, with multiple internal stakeholders (local deal management teams, legal, rev rec, quoting, etc..) in support of deals that meet the defined regional criteria for Deal Specialists.
3. Assist sales in identifying and correcting language approval issues for standard options and the relevant approval paths.
4. Adhere to the agreed rules of engagement between Oracle Legal and Deal Management.
5. May provide deal support beyond the boundaries of a region or country
On deals for which they are responsible, the Deal Specialist is the primary contact for the contracts process ensuring consistency with Oracle global business practices and global standard options. The Deal Specialist will work with and support other departments in and outside of Global Finance as required to ensure revenue is maximized for Oracle. Sales owns the deal and all required approvals.
The Deal Specialist will utilize approved standard and some non standard options to address all contract variations requested by sales. The deal specialist will work in collaboration with the deal manager to ensure the highest level of service is delivered to the stakeholders.
Depending on regional criteria, the Deal Specialist will:
Ensure all contract terms have been appropriately approved by Oracle and reflect all negotiated commitments
Review contract drafts prior to release
Engage management as appropriate for assistance
Work in partnership with Deal Managers to ensure stakeholder expectations and deliverables are met.
Other deal specific responsibilities deemed appropriate by Oracle management.
The Deal Specialist must strive to minimize cycle time by eliminating additional process that would not add substantial value. Additionally, while cycle time is of great importance, quality of work must be forefront. Balancing speed and quality should be the primary focus of this position.
Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English; must also be fluent in local language if applicable
Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize
Strong communication and conflict resolution skills in high demanding sales environment
Number crunching ability
Ability to keep up with constant changes to products, policies, procedures, and people
Ability to work independently, and remain calm under pressure
Ability to work well with multiple organizations in a team environment
Knowledge of revenue recognition, business practices, and contracting policies
University degree or equivalent.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area: Other